Monday, August 17, 2009

Don't worry be happy.


We all have ups and downs, I sure seem to get my fill of the downs. It is time for my husband and I to part ways. As friends mind you. It isn't so bad, but a little sad.

When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

I fought off the urge to eat a muffin yesterday, but did indulge in a turkish delight on Sunday. Sunday was a busy day with several hours on my feet at the canteen and I forgot to eat the snack food I had brought. I completely forgot I had brought it in the first place.

Still, I won my fight over the muffin.

I have even more reason to do this, get strong and fit. I want to be invincible, physically and emotionally and strangely the two are linked. So bad things do happen, but at least food is the furthest from my mind right now and my determination is stronger than ever.

I love going to the gym. I think it will definately help keep me sane in the coming days. I will need to grieve and process, but a lot of that has been done already. Yesterday I grunted and groaned my way through my weights session doing several new personal bests. I feel myself getting leaner everyday and not at all bulkier, except maybe my biceps. Huge biceps are sexy right?

I wish my training mate the best of luck with his future.

Amazons aren't meant to be tied down to a man anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment