Friday, October 30, 2009

No time to exercise.

There is always time to exercise.

Sometimes though it is better to accept that you can only do so much. My end of semester assessment requirements are killing me and are keeping me very busy.

I have though been getting some social stuff done too. I guess I could have gone to the gym instead of seeing friends.

I have great friends, friends who understand my choice not to drink and my choice not to overeat, even if they occasionally tease me for being the thin one. Seeing them helps recharge my emotional batteries in a way that exercise helps recharge my entire body and mind. Both are important.

I will be hitting the gym in a big way next week. I am going to start going 5 times a week. To help my body adjust to this increased frequency I am going to drop my resistance training to once a week on Wednesdays. I will also lower the intensity on my aerobic stuff as well. On top of going to the gym I will be also attending fighter training a few times a week.

Fighter training isn't a great work out, but does work different groups of muscles. This style of fighting uses your core body a lot, but also your shoulders and forearms work pretty darn hard. I really need to work on my shoulder strength if I want to be any good at this and keep my shield up!

So while this weekend is study, catch up on sleep and if I have time fighter training, the gym will miss out. Not that I have lost motivation, just accepting that exercise needs to take back seat just for this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment