Thursday, February 18, 2010

Recovered.

Ok, so I am probably still only 90% recovered, but I am recovered enough to feel like my life had been hijacked and I haven't done much for 2 weeks.

University begins on Monday, time to start planning and managing my time. I really need to get this down pat, I have a lot of things fighting for my attention and they are all pretty important.

My priorities, in no particular order are:

  • Look after the boys
  • Do well at uni
  • Keep fit
  • Get better at heavy fighting
  • Keep up my college Seneschal responsibilities
  • Spend time with my significant other. (did I mention I have a significant other?)
  • Prepare for festival
So lots of things are competing, I guess the most important would be boys, uni, fitness and new relationship.

Contact hours at uni this semester are going to be a killer with over 24 hours a week in lectures, labs and tutorials. Hopefully this will be less than it first appears, with some labs running fortnightly and the such.

I am going to try getting up early and going to the gym. Previously, I have failed at this, but I am going to give it another try. Friday mornings will have the super fun group kick class at 5.45am, so that should be some motivation.

There are few other classes on at that time, that look like fun and will do well for the cardio portion of my work out. The other 2 - 3 days I will do a resistance session.

This way, my evenings are free for fighter training.

I know I am not overweight, but I still look at pictures of myself and see pudgyness. It isn't just that I am a harsh judge either, I just carry a lot of body fat for my size and weight. Maybe it is genetics or maybe I just need to give myself more time to get there.

Busy schedule, busy life, it doesn't matter, I have things I need to achieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment